Lisa's Sober Blog Pages Of Interest

Monday 12 February 2018

Exuberating- Lisa L'Heureux

Today is a good day to be alive. I wake up thinking of what, other than what I'm already doing, can I do for the good? I have a list of things that I am interested in to look at for when I am not sure. With threat all around, it is easy to feel afraid, but how unchallenging is it to feel bold and exuberant?

My half-sister has been entering a singing contest the last two years. This year she was even better than last year. This is the picture of a woman that does not give up. I think she is going to succeed, in more ways than the one, if she keeps at it.

I will tell you, I have been getting brought low by certain life circumstances but today I think, why? Why should I let anyone bring me down? Why should I allow any life situation to bring me down? I am a winner. Even when I lose, I win. Now is not the time to give up.

I met up with a family relative a couple of weeks ago. As I got into the car the relative said, "Lisa's Sober Blog. Are you writing your blog right now?" Pretty sure he was teasing me. "No." I responded, looking out the window. "I am not writing it right now." Honestly, I thought, is this a joke to the relatives? Then I consoled myself, "It doesn't matter if they think it's a joke." And it doesn't. This relates to everyone who is waking up on the daily and working on something. If it matters to you then it is worthwhile.

Besides that, the preceding scenario was also based on something that I thought out. It's easy to put too much thought into a thing until it becomes more than it is. That's what happened with my addiction. I obsessed about drinking. I obsessed about doing drugs... Eating, Sex, Hmmn. Have I left anything out? I get the creeps just thinking about it.

Anywho! I am working on maintaining and stabilizing my life. There is a lot going on usually and it can be so easy to get distracted. My tired mind does a lot of thinking and not all of it good!

I have more of a family life these days and that is something that was missing for a long time. It can be exhausting. Elating. Exuberating. Oh good, that's a word, I wasn't sure.

Thanks for reading. Have as good a day as you can!

Lisa L'Heureux


Since you are here,

Lisa L'Heureux is the author of 7 books. Her work includes the Lisa's Sober Blog Series, This and the Man in the Moon and This One is About Domestic Violence. She lives in Alberta with her family.

​4+ years ago, Lisa took a life-giving "retirement", quitting practicing alcoholism.

Lisa On Facebook

Buy the Lisa's Sober Blog Books!
They can be purchased at Lisa's e-Store and More
Downloads are also available at The New Lisa L'Heureux
Like us on Facebook at Lisa's Sober Blog

Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment