Lisa's Sober Blog Pages Of Interest

Monday 6 November 2017

Though There Be Grief

I know I haven't written here in a while and I do apologize for if anyone especially has been waiting my next post. I am on other Social Media, although I have been personally quiet the past month or so. It has been since August since things really started to happen. It will take some time to catch up.

I went to a conference in London, ON. It was quite large and very well done. The planning was splendid and the food superb. I stayed at the London Executive Suites and you can find out about that when I do my review about that later on. It was good. I can already tell you that.

I have been able to see the good in many situations. Life has been trying and it is this positive attitude that helps keep me afloat. I think that depression is a kind of mire that I had been caught in for much of my life. Self-pity, too. Not that I don't have plenty of reasons to be depressed and feel sorry for myself. I think I do. It's that I am choosing to take care of myself, stay busy, help others and not give up.

Life can be sad and it can seem like the best choice to give up sometimes. When I was a teenager and tried to commit suicide, I thought at the time that was the best thing I could do. Nobody loved me, I thought. I was a dirty rotten beggar, I thought. And other things that I won't say just now. Tragic really, how much of my life was molded by these so-called "truths" that I believed. Molded... I should say, mouldy!

Back to the conference, it was about domestic abuse. It was interesting to me because I had never been to anything like this on the subject before. My new book is about domestic violence. Many of the people at the conference were scholars and academics. Sadly, what I took away from the whole conference was that DV is out there, people are working at protection and prevention, but it is not going anywhere soon. Stomp out DV, that's what I think. Parents beating children, spouses being killed by their partners, this is all so horrible. Maybe starting out by teaching children the way of peace is the way to go.

I have been stunted a little lately, things didn't happen for me in my personal life the way I had planned. My friend passed away last month and my aunt before that. These events certainly have something to do with how I have been feeling. It is hard to keep on hoping and being positive sometimes.

Nevertheless, I do keep on the course! It has been more than four years since I had an alcoholic beverage and the same for a cigarette. I saw a post of mine from July of last year that states that I quit drinking coffee then.

What can I say that would make anyone's day reading this? You are worthwhile? Maybe it's not too late to follow your dreams? In every cloud there is a silver lining?

Have the best day you can.



Like this blog?
Buy the Lisa's Sober Blog books!
They can be purchased at www.lisasestoreandmore.net and www.lisalheureux.com
Find me on Instagram at www.instagram.com/official_lisalheureux
Also on Facebook and Twitter and G+
Lisa on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment