Lisa's Sober Blog Pages Of Interest

Monday 15 May 2017

Still Sober: A Video That Made My Day

I was watching Madonna's acceptance honor speech on Billboard. I could not help but wipe a tear from my eye. Here is a quote:

"To the doubters, the naysayers, to everyone who gave me hell and said I could not, that I would not, that I must not... Your resistance made me stronger, made me push harder, made me the fighter I am today."- Madonna

I posted the video on my Facebook page: See It Now.

There has always been resistance in my own life. I used to struggle but I don't anymore. I do not have to. I have more than I need. I have been graced with sobriety. I no longer need to smoke a cigarette or take any recreational drugs.

I have family problems. There are things that I want that I may never have. I move on with my life. Wherever I feel that I have been wronged, I have to take daily account, of myself; Not THEM. I do not HAVE TO accept anything I do not want to. I can absolutely NOT LIKE whatever I want.

It is better for me not to fight anything though. This is what I have found. I still become angry sometimes, rarely, but I know that it is better not to. It is always better for me to remain calm and think things through.

Besides that, why can't I wake up every day and commit to being as happy as I possibly can every day? That is quite the commitment.

Thanks for reading.



Like this blog? Try Lisa's Sober Blog books! They can be purchased at www.lisasestoreandmore.net and downloads are available at www.lisalheureux.net
Find me on Instagram at www.instagram.com/official_lisalheureux
Also on Facebook and Twitter
Lisa on Pinterest

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment