Lisa's Sober Blog Pages Of Interest

Tuesday 27 June 2017

Who Is Still Sober? Lisa L'Heureux

I was at a meeting at a pub when I reached over and drank the glass of water in front of me, it wasn't my drink but the woman sitting next to me. There was lemon water in it but that made me think of what would happen if there had been alcohol in it? I would assume that I would be able to smell that as I was lifting it to my face but really I'm not sure. So grateful to have had the experience. No more meetings at pubs for me. Seriously starting to think that I don't want to be at meetings where people are having alcoholic beverages anyway. Who does that? Apparently plenty of people do.

With that out of the way, I have other things on  my mind. It has been a busy spring. I will be taking a couple of months off, as I usually do in the summer, back in September sometime. I haven't picked an exact day. If all goes well, and I am sure it will, I am going to be celebrating four years of continuous sobriety so I will definitely blog for that.

There are other personal things going on in my life at the moment which I am not prepared to speak about yet. There will be more to share later on.

I saw a couple of old friends the other day. She laughed and exclaimed, "we'll be in your blog!" In fact, yes, kind of! Anyway, he asked me for a cigarette and I said I haven't had a smoke in almost four years! I felt good meeting them while I was clean and sober. And mature. I hadn't seen him in seven years. I hadn't seen her in much longer than that. They were having drinks. I am a sobriety person. Later, I was thinking about our short visit. She had never known me to have been an alcoholic to begin with. Neither had he, although I had drank with him in the past when it was still fun sometimes. Once, he and I were on a hill overlooking Victoria Park in Calgary, it was late, maybe two A.M. We were both having a hard time in our lives. Me, about my children and partner and he with his own stuff. I had been experimenting at the time with "scream/yelling therapy". I didn't learn it from anyone, I was practicing it on my own, and I thought that it was helping me through my own crappy life experiences. He did it with me, we focussed our thoughts on a problem we were having and then we yelled at the top of our lungs, imagining our problem going away from us in our screams. It is interesting how some people come into our lives and then come back into our lives again and again at different times.

Right. So before that, in the second week of June, I went to Halifax. In previous posts I have introduced my daughter that was adopted and lives in Nova Scotia. She lives on her own; she's not even of age yet. Anyway, that's not the point, I guess. It was a good visit to the east coast. I saw many of the sites that I had enjoyed the last time I was there to visit. It is different when I am not the one to raise this girl. She would not be the same person. I do not recommend letting anyone take children away from parents except under the most extreme circumstances. Only this, I was involved in a violent relationship that seemed that it would never end. Indeed. Sometimes, when I am tired, I imagine that it is not over and I shudder as I continue writing.

That's all I have today! Thanks for reading.

Forever,

Lisa

Lisa L'Heureux

Like this blog? Buy the Lisa's Sober Blog books! They can be purchased at www.lisasestoreandmore.net and downloads are available at www.lisalheureux.net
Find me on Instagram at www.instagram.com/official_lisalheureux
Also on Facebook and Twitter and G+
Lisa on Pinterest

Have a great day.





No comments:

Post a Comment