Lisa's Sober Blog Pages Of Interest

Wednesday 19 April 2017

Sober: I Return

It has been a busy few weeks, in fact, I can't remember when it started to get busy. I'd like to sit around watching television but I told myself that when it got busy I would work. So work it is!

Let's catch up. I am sober for three and a half years. I feels like a lifetime, and it is, my new life-time. I have been enjoying the past year or so. In the beginning it was very difficult with Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms and a lack of coping skills but I worked through all that. It wasn't easy and there are still days when I feel like literally bawling because life can be grievous and it really isn't ever exactly what I thought it would be.

Nowadays, I spend much of my time building relationships that I had neglected over the years. I enjoy watching them grow as I would grow and nurture a flower or tomato seedling.

I also, in the spring, get to watch my actual plants grow. That is one of the things I do. This year I am focusing on tomatoes. I have a bunch of seedlings I grew in an egg carton.

Every day I wake to think about what is important for the day. Why am I going to get up today? I ask myself what I need to think about. I figure out what is worth waking up for. I never used to find anything worth living about and drank in order to pass the time. Bad attitude. Selfish.

If anything, it helps me to think about who might be having a rough time today. Shakin it hard. That's what my drinking buddies used to say with a hangover. Looking for a fix.

I have the power today to make a choice to continue on this sober path. I enjoy sobriety.

Lisa L'Heureux



Like this blog? Buy Lisa's Sober Blog books! They can be purchased at www.lisasestoreandmore.net and downloads are available at www.lisalheureux.net
Find me on Instagram at www.instagram.com/official_lisalheureux
Also on Facebook and Twitter
Lisa on Pinterest

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment