Lisa's Sober Blog Pages Of Interest

Tuesday 14 March 2017

Sober: Another Day Without

Although I say another day without, (booze, alcohol, spirits, the sauce) I actually have so much more than a drink right now. I have my memories and am capable of writing them down to share or to keep for later. True, they are not all great and some are quite frightening and distressing, I don't know that stuff. I focus on what is positive for the most part.  I have very good reasons to be grateful and continue on my clean and sober path.

The other day I was thinking, "wouldn't it be great if I could control the environment around me kind of like on the cartoon where (the princess/slave girl) sings with the birds?"... I am still rather self-centered sometimes. Nevertheless, the other night, while walking on the property of which I have been privileged to live, I saw a Great Horned Owl. The next day I saw a Bald Eagle sitting in a tree by my house. Those are my kind of birds. Maybe we really do bring what we want into our lives.

I am grateful not to be Drunk Lisa today. My friend and I saw the police. It's weird because I occasionally feel nervous when they are close-by. I haven't been jacked up by them in years but every so often I watch for them to look at me and start asking me questions. Then they don't. My friend says I used to have dreads. I didn't always brush my hair when I was drinking, it was usually clean but it would get so tangled, I didn't feel it was necessary to brush it everyday. I brush my hair everyday now. Is this really the reason why I don't get jacked up?

Last week I was downtown Calgary on Stephen Avenue Mall. I went into a clothing store to look at some sweaters for my nephew. As I walked into the store I noted a sixty-year-old-ish security guard keeping two younger guys off to the side. Both of the younger men were slim with dark short cropped hair. One had tattoos on his face and a large overstuffed backpack. As I was shopping, a woman walked in and the security guard proceeded to stop her at the door. She was talking loudly, I could not help but hear her, she could not have been more than thirteen feet away from where I was standing. She was saying that people can change, that she was now clean and worked at a certain agency but had been smoking crack right outside the doors of the store five years ago. The security guard refused to allow her in the store. He did not bat an eye at me! Go figure. Not so long ago, I used to drink at a pub perhaps five doors down from that very shop. Perhaps the security guard would have refused me entry into the store in those days, too.

There are more examples than this, although these are quite telling, as to why I continue to be a grateful sober alcoholic.

Lisa L'Heureux
Hoodoos
Drumheller, Alberta
Canada


Please get my books! They can be purchased at www.lisasestoreandmore.net and downloads are available at www.lisalheureux.net

Find me on Instagram at www.instagram.com/official_lisalheureux

Also on Facebook and Twitter

Lisa on Pinterest


Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment