Lisa's Sober Blog Pages Of Interest

Thursday 23 February 2017

Sober: Every Day Getting A Little Better

Welcome! Remember when I told you how sick I was when I first quit drinking? If not, here's a reminder, I was very sick! In the past six months, I had my doctor tell me my kidneys and liver are great now. I can't tell you how relieved I was to hear that!

At first, I couldn't stand the sunlight for long. I kept my curtains closed. I was miserable. There was one person who could talk to me and that person often did not because I wasn't very nice. Realize that I had come close to death, which for me wasn't the awful part, it was the being sick and helpless I did not like. I had always felt like I tried to take care of myself in the past. When I was doing drugs or drinking or both and on the streets, people couldn't tell by my looks that I was living like this, because I took care of myself. Not that I lived like that a lot, a drunk on the streets, because I didn't but sometimes it happened.

It took a while to come out of the fog and into the light of sobriety. There was a long foggy part at the beginning, two years worth maybe, and now there are still some dark days but nothing I feel I can't handle. It's mainly clear sunny days. I like to explain it in weather terms right now. It makes the quickest sense.

I tried getting out and making friends. I was attracted to addicts, alcoholics and people with mental illness, while nobody was particularly attracted to me. I stepped back from that and I remain cautious for the time being.

Nevertheless! Every day getting a little better.

Thank you for reading the words of this one alcoholic.

Lisa L'Heureux

Please, if you haven't yet, check out my books! They can be purchased at www.lisasestoreandmore.net and downloads are available at www.lisalheureux.net

Find me on Instagram at www.instagram.com/official_lisalheureux

Also on Facebook and Twitter

Lisa on Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment