Lisa's Sober Blog Pages Of Interest

Thursday 20 September 2018

Five Years Sober: Lisa L'Heureux

Although I knew that shot of tequila I had on September 21, 2013, had to be my last drink, I did not know what it would be like to actually have five years continuous sobriety. I have to say, it feels mighty good.

I have never been so healthy. In mind or body. I had to modify my diet to get well. I want to be even better and I do believe that I can gain more by modifying my diet further. As it is, I haven't been a meat eater in years. I quit mainly because I had digestive problems. Likely caused by having a liquid diet for a couple of years before I quit drinking.

It has been exciting this past year things really started to happen. I am officially busy. I still try to watch tv. I go on Social Media to let people know what is going on with me. I began university. I talked about Freedom from Alcohol and Drug Addiction. I am glad to talk about my experiences. I am glad to be a role model of sorts.

It's fun to be sober. I am enthusiastic about many things. I like my friends. They like me. Some of my relationships have grown. Others stay the same. Some are no more. I have a family around me.

But wait! Not everything is perfect. Some things are much worse. I have had such grief I have never known since I sobered up. I don't focus on that, and that's how I get by. One day at a time.



Since you are here,

Lisa L'Heureux is the author of 7 books. Her work includes the Lisa's Sober Blog Series, This and the Man in the Moon and This One is About Domestic Violence. She lives in Alberta with her family.

​Five years ago, Lisa took a life-giving "retirement", quitting practicing alcoholism.

Lisa On Facebook

Buy the Lisa's Sober Blog Books!
They can be purchased at Lisa's e-Store and More
Downloads are also available at The New Lisa L'Heureux
Like us on Facebook at Lisa's Sober Blog

Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment