Lisa's Sober Blog Pages Of Interest

Sunday 15 January 2017

Sober: Happy Belated New Year!

Hello! Lisa here. Welcome to the blog! It is already fifteen days into the new year, I know. I did say Happy New Year at various other Social Media sites, which is usually where I post anything like that, cards, videos and photos. You are welcome to follow me on social media. As the title of this post implies, I'm still sober! That fact is something I often delight in to this day. Sobriety is what I want for anyone who is having troubles with the drinking and is longing to quit.

Sober. Me sober. It all feels like a dream, I should pinch myself, no! I am able, after a tough struggle and debilitating anxiety, to enjoy myself day to day. Thinking clearly and rationally, even when I am under the weather, helps me keep it together. When a big problem comes up, I allow myself the luxury of sleeping on it and deal with it the next day, especially if the problem arises after five o'clock. I think much better between 11 am and 3 pm, sometimes in the middle of the night and when I am very focused on a task. I am a creative problem solver.

Drinking helped me to temporarily forget my problems. There were times when it created more problems, leading to heavier binges and blackouts, eventually I had to sober up and face the music. In fact, I began to make the music! Talk about a lot of time on ones hands, sobering up. I never knew I could do so much. Mixing music, writing books, painting pictures, learning, learning, learning, so many of the activities I have been enjoying.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read the words of this one alcoholic.






Please, if you haven't yet, check out my books. They can be purchased at www.lisasestoreandmore.net and downloads are available at www.lisalheureux.net

Find me on Instagram at www.instagram.com/official_lisalheureux

Also on Facebook and Twitter

Lisa on Pinterest





No comments:

Post a Comment