Lisa's Sober Blog Pages Of Interest

Thursday 14 March 2019

If I Had A Dollar...

Where I used to spend money like it was going out of style on the booze, I now save and do what I can for my family. The family has grown in the past five years since I quit drinking. I have grown.

Since September last year, I have been a university student. Amazingly, I passed all my classes last semester. I am working on a new set of classes to be finished by end of May.

A loved one I am estranged from is coming to the end of their journey. I tried to make peace. My emails and texts were returned with a series of mean emails.

Sobriety is easy in a lot of ways. I generally do not have the drama involved in my life I had when I was drinking. I enjoy the peace.

Another loved one has been asking me for money. I know the money is being used for drinking. Is my life then out of control?

No. My desk is out of control. There are piles of papers, clothes and other things starting up around my house.

This is what makes things out of control. When I litrally do not have everything under control. I need to simplify my life.

I do not give up. I keep at sobriety like a loving relationship. My life has never been the same.


Since you are here,

Lisa L'Heureux is the author of 7 books. Her work includes the Lisa's Sober Blog Series, This and the Man in the Moon and This One is About Domestic Violence. She lives in Alberta with her family.

​More than five years ago, Lisa took a life-giving "retirement", quitting practicing alcoholism.

Lisa On Facebook

Buy the Lisa's Sober Blog Books!
They can be purchased at Lisa's e-Store and More
Downloads are also available at The New Lisa L'Heureux
Like us on Facebook at Lisa's Sober Blog

Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment