Lisa's Sober Blog Pages Of Interest

Thursday 6 September 2018

Time Keeps on Ticking: Lisa L'Heureux

My, how the time flies! Right. I have filled the time up with various activities and successes that I would not have been able to have had I been using. Family, friends, working, learning, hoping are some of what my life is like. I would like to say "how the time flies". My time often crawls by, still today, after all this time.

Who will I be? Who am I becoming? These are some of the questions I still ask myself. I have had some losses these past sober years that have left me without the innocence that I had in the beginning. I think we all kind of lose that though. It is a matter of looking at the good parts. For me, knowing that there are still good parts of my life ahead.

In this month it will have been five years since I had my last drunk and my last cigarette, as I quit smoking cigarettes at the end of August five years ago. The last time I did any recreational drugs was over five years ago. In the years since I quit drinking, I quit eating meat and consuming caffeine. There is no white granulated sugar in my house. I am getting better every day. Not saying that anyone should quit eating meat, I did it because I had health digestive problems. I feel better now.

But why did I do these things? What have I been trying to accomplish? This is of the utmost importance. I have family members who are addicts of the following: Food, drugs, alcohol, sex, gambling and even relationships. In the past, I have been a practicing addict of all the above. I would love to help a sister who is a practicing addict. I would love to show her that after drinking and drugging, etc. sobriety can possibly clear up a lot of the confusion and mess.

It's not easy, not the easiest path for sure... At first. After a while, it seems to become the only way. What do I know coming up on five years? I used to be a chronic relapser, so I know that getting clean and sober is totally worth it. It is completely doable.


Since you are here,

Lisa L'Heureux is the author of 7 books. Her work includes the Lisa's Sober Blog Series, This and the Man in the Moon and This One is About Domestic Violence. She lives in Alberta with her family.

​Five years ago, Lisa took a life-giving "retirement", quitting practicing alcoholism.

Lisa On Facebook

Buy the Lisa's Sober Blog Books!
They can be purchased at Lisa's e-Store and More
Downloads are also available at The New Lisa L'Heureux
Like us on Facebook at Lisa's Sober Blog

Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment